Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Stuff I Like: Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Here's a regular fixture on the blog...pretty self-explanatory. I post a lsit of my current favorite things at the moment, some that even come with links! Enjoy. :) I'll be back with a deeper, more meaningful post later. It'll be a reflection on how the month of August has been for me and I'm curious to look back on the days of the month and find out what I've learned.

*Savage Chickens. What do you get when you cross cartoon chickens with Post-It notes? This pretty cool comic!
*The dog days of summer leading into cool autumn ones later on. :)
*Five Spot frozen yogurt, especially Very Strawberry. Yummm.
*Surprisingly, some of my teachers, especially Mrs. Timmons. She's amazing!
*The song "Bluebird" from Sara Bareilles's album Kaleidoscope Heart. A girl sang it at the colors-themed chorus show this past spring, and I fell in love with it recently after remembering the show. It's a feel-good song with beautiful vocals.
*College football. Okay, so it hasn't started yet, but I'm enjoying the preseason updates! Can't wait to see the Alabama boys kick around the ol' pigskin this Saturday. ;)
*Blogs about expats--aka people who are originally from one country but now live in another. My favorites are Gringation's Blog (American living in Mexico), Correr Es Mi Destino (Frenchwoman living in Canada), and I Eat My Pigeon (American who's lived in Japan, Ireland, New York, and currently Italy)
*Tumblr. It's the best, and so many pretty pictures! My favorite ones are here at http://octobersweetheart.tumblr.com/

More favorite things another time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment